Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 44 - vicious cravings

As both Patrick (email) and Robbi (blog post) noted, the PCP novelty has definitely worn off.  Although I've managed not to give in, I've had some serious cravings for food the past few days.  Pizza, fried chicken and all-I-can-eat yakiniku seem especially tempting, but it's also just a general longing to not have to think about every little thing I eat and just be able to go out and enjoy a meal (and wine) with friends.  I guess this is the PCP valley...

That said, I don't see any realistic danger of giving in, as the PCP meals have become pretty much a matter of routine by now.  And if I do reach the breaking point, I spotted a pizza place near my house that has organic, whole wheat, low fat pizza.  Probably not quite as tasty, but definitely more appealing than steamed chicken.

I feel like I'm getting better at the jumprope (was able to knock out the 1500 in 3 sets of 500), but we'll have to see how the timed sets go.  Ab exercises never fail to leave me shaking on the floor.  Feels good to burn off that belly flab, though!

Good luck everyone - almost halfway there!

4 comments:

  1. halfway baby! its all uphill from here! oh wait....stay strong brother, the energy levels and the muscle mass will seriously start to show very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely are getting into the valley man, it happens to everyone, your post sounds a lot more upbeat than mine did at this stage...but you are half way home, and you'll come out of the funk...try making pizza at home, I did a couple times, wholewheat crust w/ no salt, lots of veggies, some chicken, and a bit of cheese sprinkled on top, chuck some habeneros or jalepenos on top and it's pretty solid meal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with Jason.... Pizzas joint isn't worth it. You have done an amazing job and this is when you might fall into temptations. As Patrick so equivalently put in one of his last few emails.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next indulgence have one of these things and see for yourself, it's just not that good, especially at the price of your fitness progress.

    ReplyDelete