Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 48 - To indulge or not to indulge...

That is the question that is on my mind today after reading Patrick's email.  My first reaction was to start planning for one night of eating out with friends since that is something I usually can't do considering my dinner consists of an apple, 2 egg whites and a glass of milk.  I definitely miss the food and the carefree routine of not having to weigh everything, but when it comes down to it I think it's the social aspect of just sharing a good meal and a bottle of wine with a friend that I miss the most.  But...after fantasizing about where I would go for my indulgence - tapas? Mexican? pizza? - I remembered that my wife and I are going to a BBQ on May 1, so I think I will keep my indulgence in my pocket until then.

Just checked out the final blogs of a few friends who were in the group ahead of us and just completed their PCP.  Peter, James, Richard - well done!!  You all look great!

Seeing their final results prompted me to do an interim weigh in today to see how I'm getting along numbers-wise.  Better than I thought, actually - exactly 10 lbs lighter today than when we started 7 weeks ago.  I also notice that I feel a bit lighter and stand a bit straighter when I walk.  But still fighting to shed all the visceral fat around my midsection and get rid of these moobs... Hopefully that will be the next thing to go now that we've kicked it up into a higher gear.

Keep up the good work everyone!  It will be over before we know it!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah dude, that gut is the last to go...I think it was only in the last 2-3 weeks that I really started to come off...it'll come off if you stick to it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on the weight loss, remember with heavier muscle added you've lost way more than 10 pounds of pure fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Jefferson, as Blow says, the gut is the last to go, and as he can show you, some people just don't have abs, period! Keep the faith!

    In other news, Jets/Cowboys opening day 11-Sep at the New Meadowlands....BRING IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete