Thursday, May 5, 2011

DAY 66 - Post-indulgence

Sorry for no update recently - once again getting buried at work.  Missed a few days of workouts as a result, but still sticking to the diet apart from my one day of indulgence.

The indulgence was interesting.  My wife's former boss from Tokyo was in town and had us over for a cookout at his house.  While I didn't hold back on eating any of the foods on offer, I did notice that I ate less portion-wise than I would have previously and also ate a much higher ratio of veggies to meat.  It was all so delicious though - grilled veggies, flank steak, chicken, refried beans, spanish rice, monkey bread and a couple of beers to wash it down.  Also had a fresh crepe with strawberries, chocolate sauce and crema fresca on top for dessert, which I normally would not have eaten (not a big sweets guy) but felt like I had to in order to get the most out of my indulgence.  Anyway, nothing really tasted or felt any differently than I remember, although it did sit in my stomach like a rock for the rest of the day as opposed to the PCP meals which seem to pass right through.

Ready for the final push.  Have to lose this damn visceral fat!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you man! Work hard and nail this last month, you'll love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your due for some pics! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete