Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5

5 days down, 85 to go... I'm actually enjoying the skipping rope, but the strength exercises are making it painfully clear just how out of shape I am.  The additional set of push-ups and the increased number of sit-ups really put me in my place today.  Today was the first day I was able to knock out the exercises in the morning, which I plan to keep up.  I didn't miss any days last week, but it's tough to do this stuff after a long work day and right before climbing into bed.

I'm doing ok with the half diet, but wary of what's coming.  I'll be in Thailand for a week on business soon and not sure how easy it will be to stay compliant once we get into the strict portion control, but I plan to do my best.  It will certainly be the first time I take a skipping rope on a business trip...

Got some extra motivation from a past PCP'er in the form of a YouTube video showing a Japanese zoo drill simulating a rhinosaurus escape.  For those of you who have ever lived in Japan, it's definitely worth watching.  I miss that crazy country...

Finally got ahold of a bathroom scale and did my initial weigh-in.  177lbs (80.2kg) on Day 5, probably dropped a pound this week, so we'll call it 178lbs (81kg) on Day 1.  Either way, looking forward to watching those numbers decrease over the coming weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff - I'm in the group on day 51 now. I just did a week in the US on business including a bunch of client entertainment. It stings a bit to order things like fish with no salt or oil when at a steak place and drink club soda while everyone else is on the wine, but ultimately not that bad and none of my clients gave me too much crap. Nothing you can't handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, we JUMP rope, we don't skip....

    Thailand might not be that tough, lots of veggies and fish, just watch out for the salt....

    Make sure you miss your connection so you can come hang in Tokyo for at least a day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pound you lost is nothing to be proud of man, as it was lost "dumb". From here on out we train intelligently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We 'skip' Jeff - keep at it mate.

    ReplyDelete